Re: Reply to list [was: Different key maps in different dired buffers]

From: Dmitry Alexandrov
Subject: Re: Reply to list [was: Different key maps in different dired buffers]
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2016 18:52:44 +0300

>>> Is there a "GNU web forum" software?
>>> On Usenet, there is rec.bicycles.tech - and
>>> here is the same thing, as a web forum!
>>> http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8
>>
>> Yes. There are many. Gmane is a good example.
>> And also all of the web based newsgroup readers
>> of which I am not familiar.
>
> Gmane is *archived* online.
>
> Here is a forum:
>
>     https://www.flashback.org
>
> If we had software for such forums - I don't
> know if we do? - it would be a good thing if
> that software included an interface to the
> traffic here - i.e., yet another gateway!

Gmane actually *does* allow posting trough a web interface.  However, I
doubt that anyone uses it — it’s pretty ugly, imho, and requires solving
a captcha.

By the way, so far as we are discussing techniques of using mailing
lists, let me turn your attention, that your messages are systematically
appear in ‘gmane.emacs.help’ as replies to non-existent messages, thus
breaking the tree.  That might be some bug of Gmane, of course, however
the archive of GNU Mailman [0] shares this views.

[0] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2016-06/threads.html