Re: Reply to list [was: Different key maps in different dired buffers]

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Reply to list [was: Different key maps in different dired buffers]
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2016 20:35:34 +0200

Dmitry Alexandrov <321942@gmail.com> writes:

> Gmane actually *does* allow posting trough
> a web interface. However, I doubt that anyone
> uses it — it’s pretty ugly, imho, and
> requires solving a captcha.

Plus a forum is often also a small community
with users - moderators, post counts, guest
books, private messages, and so on. At least it
was like that some ten years ago when I got
banned from such forums on a regular basis...
You want the truth? You can't *handle*
the truth!

> By the way, so far as we are discussing
> techniques of using mailing lists, let me
> turn your attention, that your messages are
> systematically appear in ‘gmane.emacs.help’
> as replies to non-existent messages, thus
> breaking the tree. That might be some bug of
> Gmane, of course, however the archive of GNU
> Mailman [0] shares this views.

No, that was the case with the "Gnus IMAP
groups appear twice" issue, right?

Or does it happen all the time? For example,
does it happen now?

If it is only the IMAP posts that was because
the OP sent me questions not as CC, but To my
mail.

As he started it out as a post to the list, and
as the communication was non-sensitive,
I thought I'd put it on the list with full
quotes to bring it to the public and perhaps
show the OP where the stuff belongs.

                   - so far: 47 Blogomatic articles -