Re: Reply to list [was: Different key maps in different dired buffers]

From: Dmitry Alexandrov
Subject: Re: Reply to list [was: Different key maps in different dired buffers]
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2016 13:28:17 +0300

>>> Gmane actually *does* allow posting trough a web interface.  However, I
>>> doubt that anyone uses it — it’s pretty ugly, imho, and requires solving
>>> a captcha.
>>
>> Really?  I thought most people that used Gmane used it for posting
>> through their interface.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean.  But I expect that most users of Gmane use
> it as an NNTP server.  They probably do use it for reading *and*
> posting, but the web-interface for posting via Gmane is probably *much*
> less frequently used than the NNTP-interface.

Well, in terms of most *people* Bob is probably right.  Consider a
random passerby who came to http://comments.gmane.org from Google search
and decided to post a comment — he clicked ‘reply’, entered something,
solved captcha, clicked ‘post’, and never came back.  He might not even
realized that it was a mailing list, but +1 person to users of Gmane.