Re: Where has the rwxr-xr-x gone from dired?

From: John Mastro
Subject: Re: Where has the rwxr-xr-x gone from dired?
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 12:07:29 -0700

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
>> My perception when I first started using this setup was that Cygwin was
>> the easiest way to get a fairly complete Unix-like command line
>> environment.
>
> Easiest doesn't always mean the best.

That's certainly true, though it does count for something if it's also
"good enough" for your use case :)

What do you recommend - MinGW and MSYS, supplemented by your ezwinports?
(Sorry if that question doesn't make sense - I'm not very familiar with
the relationships between MinGW, MSYS, ezwinports, MSYS2, etc.)

Thanks

        John