Re: compilation: highlight current error

From: Peter Münster
Subject: Re: compilation: highlight current error
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 18:23:19 +0200

On Mon, Jun 27 2016, Drew Adams wrote:

>> I would like the current error in the compilation buffer to be
>> highlighted. How could this be done please?
>
> What do you mean by the current error? When you visit an error
> using, say `C-x `', doesn't that move the current error line to
> the top of the window that lists the errors?

No. The current error line is most times somewhere between the middle
and the bottom of the window.
(I don't know, if that matters:
I have compilation-scroll-output = 'first-error)

> Isn't that enough?

No. When there are several errors, my old eyes don't find immediately the
current one.

> Or do you want the current error highlighted in the source code
> and not in the compilation buffer?

It's already done in the source code (see `next-error-highlight').
I would like the error message in the compilation buffer to be
highlighted.

--
           Peter