Re: Crappyness of Emacs Version 24.5.1 defadvice

From: Davin Pearson
Subject: Re: Crappyness of Emacs Version 24.5.1 defadvice
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 18:48:51 -0700 (PDT)

On Wednesday, June 29, 2016 at 2:22:01 AM UTC+12, Drew Adams wrote:
> > > The old behavior is preferable so I know which file the advice
> > > is coming from.
> >
> > Could someone tell me how to get the old behavior back?
>
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=14734
> ("REGRESSION: defadvice broken wrt doc strings (C-h f)")
>
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=14070
> ("incorrect doc from `C-h f' when use `defadvice' with `before'")
>
> This post by Stefan provides the rationale behind the new advice
> system.  (You might want to read the rest of the thread too.)
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=16402#31
> ("Document nadvice.el stuff in Elisp manual before Emacs 24.4")

I tried the following code but it doesn't work.

(advice-add 'describe-mode
            :around
            #'(lambda () (delete-other-windows) ad-do-it)
            )

Worse still, it brings up the following message when I try C-h f describe-mode
RET

:around advice: No documentation

Where do I add the documentation to the advice mechanism?