Re: Page Up/Down Issues With Emacs in Terminal

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Page Up/Down Issues With Emacs in Terminal
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 16:28:47 +0200

Yuri Khan <yuri.v.khan@gmail.com> writes:

> For xterm and gnome-terminal, the expected
> result is:
>
>     $ echo $TERM xterm
>
> or a variation thereof (e.g. xterm-256color).
>
> When you use tmux with xterm or gnome-terminal,
> TERM should be "xterm" (or xterm-*) before you
> start tmux, and "screen" (or screen-*)
> within tmux.

Good idea, however if the OP has broken the
buttons by having a wierd TERM, it'll sure be
interesting to know what that is because I just
now tried

    $ TERM=x emacs -Q

with x being "linux", "vt100", "xterm" and
"screen" without quotes, and equally without
being able to break the PageUp and PageDown
buttons. (The colors and fonts changed tho.)

                   - so far: 56 Blogomatic articles -