Re: How to find when a feature was introduced

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: How to find when a feature was introduced
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 04:41:54 +0000

For not know a better way, I would just grep the NEWS* files in the etc/
directory for the function/variable name.

For this particular example, the info is in NEWS.24 file.

===
* Lisp Changes in Emacs 24.4
** New macro `with-eval-after-load'.
This is like the old `eval-after-load', but better behaved.
===

So this macro was introduced in emacs 24.4.

On Fri, Jul 8, 2016 at 12:30 AM Rusi <rustompmody@gmail.com> wrote:

> Student sent me this
>
> Symbol's function definition is void: with-eval-after-load
>
> Figured this came from a slightly oldish ubuntu
>
> Then found the with-eval-after-load in gnu-apl-mode
>
> So now I need to tell my students gnu-apl-mode will not run in emacsen
> less than
> version X
>
> How to find out X?

Kaushal Modi