Re: Pinentry in emacs without X doesn't work reliably

From: HASM
Subject: Re: Pinentry in emacs without X doesn't work reliably
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 09:30:32 -0700

> Now the problem is, that my keyboard input doesn't seem to get thru to
> that pinentry dialog reliably.

Did you install gnugp-1 on your system?

Did you have or create this file
  ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf
and have/add these lines into it:
  allow-emacs-pinentry
  pinentry-program /usr/bin/pinentry-emacs
(replace the path above to where your pinentry-emacs is)?

Did you add these lines to your emacs initialization:
  (load "pinentry")
  (pinentry-start)
  (setq epg-gpg-program "gpg")
(or use customize instead of the last line)?

Hopefully I didn't forget anything above.  With that setup I get a
pinentry dialog within emacs and no curses or gtk crap.

-- HASM