Re: Default Window Size

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Default Window Size
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 21:32:30 +0300

> From: Sky Nerd <leethefourth@gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 09:49:53 -0500
>
> I'm a beginner at Emacs in general and installed GNU Emacs for windows not
> too long ago. Whenever I start Emacs, the window is in a really weird
> position: the bottom part is always cut off at the bottom of the screen.

What version of Emacs did you install, and from which site did you
download the binary distribution?

Also, how do you start Emacs, exactly?  Do you have any customizations
on your .emacs init file?  What happens if you invoke "emacs -Q"?

> I cannot find a way to adjust the default window size. Resizing the window
> "manually" usually fixes this problem with other Windows programs, but not
> Emacs.

If you type "M-: (frame-height) RET" and "M-: (frame-width) RET", what
does Emacs display in the echo area (the last line of its window)?

> Can someone give me simple instructions on how to change the default window
> size?

The default size should be small enough to produce a window that is
fully visible.  Here I get a 36x80 window.