Re: How to save setup of default font?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: How to save setup of default font?
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2016 17:09:40 +0300

> From: Csányi Pál <csanyipal@gmail.com>
> Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2016 15:11:38 +0200
>
> I do `S-down-mouse-1’ to see the font and fontset menu
> and here I click on:
> Change Text Font > Misc > lucidasanstypewriter-12.

This doesn't change the default font, it only changes the font used to
display the current buffer.

> But when I close Emacs with C-X C-C and after that I start Emacs
> again, I must to set this font again.

As expected.

> I tried this too:
> from graphical menu choose:
> Options > Set Default Font > Misc > lucidasanstypewriter-12
> and after that from graphical menu choose:
> Options > Save Options
>
> but that does not help to keep this setting after close and reopen Emacs.

This does work for me in Emacs 24.5, so maybe you started Emacs with
"emacs -Q" or something.  Otherwise, when you click "Save Options",
you should see a message in the echo area saying that your .emacs file
was saved, and the new setting should be recorded there.