Re: How to find when a feature was introduced

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: How to find when a feature was introduced
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2016 18:21:45 +0000

Hi Rustom,

Here's a quick update on the code snippets I emailed earlier.

If you use the counsel package and ag, I recently requested a PR and that
got accepted. If you use the latest version of counsel from Melpa, the
function to search in all NEWS files is now simply this:

  (defun counsel-ag-news (&optional initial-input)
    "Search for a pattern in NEWS files using ag.
INITIAL-INPUT can be given as the initial minibuffer input."
    (interactive)
    (counsel-ag initial-input data-directory " -G '/NEWS'" "Search NEWS"))

Kaushal Modi