easy pg and split-gpg in Qubes OS

From: Niels Kobschätzki
Subject: easy pg and split-gpg in Qubes OS
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 07:03:20 +0200

Hi,

I am using Qubes OS which is using split-gpg
(https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/split-gpg/) for gpg. Now I try to use mu4e with
Easy PG with split-gpg.
I set
(setq epg-gpg-program "/usr/bin/qubes-gpg-client-wrapper")

When I try to use any epa-mail-command in mu4e with emacs 24.5 (Fedora 23) I get
only something like "Sign failes", "Exit" (or "Encryption failed" etc).

I read that emacs 24 and easy pg have a problem with gnupg 2.1. So I updated to
emacs 25 and when I tried to sign the first time I get the following error

Error while signing with "/usr/bin/qubes-gpg-client-wrapper":

gpg: starting migration from earlier GnuPG versions
gpg: porting secret keys from '/home/user/.gnupg/secring.gpg' to gpg-agent
gpg: migration succeeded
gpg: no default secret key: No secret key
gpg: [stdin]: clearsign failed: No secret key

After that it is just
gpg: no default secret key: No secret key
gpg: [stdin]: clearsign failed: No secret key

With split-gpg my secring shouldn't be searched in secring.gpg because all
the gpg-data should reside only in a special virtual machine (that's what
split-gpg is for - use the gpg-data from another virtual machine)
Or when I encrypt it can't find public keys.
When I use mutt everything works as expected.
Any ideas what I can do about getting gpg and mu4e working in QubesOS?

Niels