Re: program outlining

From: Rusi
Subject: Re: program outlining
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 07:12:07 -0700 (PDT)

On Monday, July 11, 2016 at 7:18:18 PM UTC+5:30, Kaushal Modi wrote:
> Outshine works fine for me, along with the TAB and s-TAB (<backtab>)
> behavior, and I use it everyday in emacs-lisp-mode and other modes like
> shell-script-mode and verilog-mode.
>
> Here's my outshine setup:
> https://github.com/kaushalmodi/.emacs.d/blob/master/setup-files/setup-outshine.el
>
> If you ignore the 'modi/outline-toc' function definition in the above link,
> there's very little configuration I need to do for outshine. The only
> important config is to set the outline-minor-mode-prefix and adding
> outshine-hook-function to outline-minor-mode-hook.

Looks impressive
How does it work?
Which modes?

I can load this file alright
But thereafter outshine is so undocumented that I dont know what next

On a different note does outshine understand programming language syntax?
Or does it need addition of org-style 'cookies'?
Because if latter its not much use for arbitrary codebases
(which hideshow seems to handle at least somewhat)