Re: require basic stuff from specific packages

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: require basic stuff from specific packages
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 21:24:12 +0200

> If you think there should be one: `M-x
> report-emacs-bug'.

I think there should be an explicit method for
finding a thing which is denoted by a term that
is known, only not the exact function (or
variable) name, as in this case: to trim
a string is the conventional designation, and
`string-trim' is the function - so far
all good.

Even further, the method is:

    1. C-h i m Elisp RET i trim RET

    2. C-h i m Elisp RET C-s trim RET C-s C-s...

    3. Ask on gnu.emacs.help

and in this case success happens at the
third attempt.

> Incremental search is much better, of course.

Doesn't "incremental" refer to the search
triggering *before* you have typed the entire
string? Well, I don't like that, but if you
mean you can wrap the same search string over
the entire material that of course is what
makes it useful. "Global search", perhaps?

                   - so far: 57 Blogomatic articles -