Re: Newline-phobic text help.

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Newline-phobic text help.
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 04:08:52 +0200

rvclayton@acm.org (R. Clayton) writes:

> No. Iat adds a button to text forms. Click it
> and it fires up emacs with the contents of
> the text form, if any, in the buffer.
> Save the buffer to bung the contents back to
> the text form.

RUN!!

Emacs should be started once and then never
shut down unless a foreign power pinpoints
your bungalow!

> No. Most of the sites are too web 2.0 for w3m
> (or for me to figure out how to get w3m to deal
> with them).

You mean Emacs-w3m can't handle web
2.0? ... wait, what is web 2.0?

> Unfortunately, these are the sites with which
> I must deal.

No.

> Besides, iat + emacs makes it reasonable of
> not necessarily enjoyable; it's those
> newlines in enriched-mode that are
> the problem.

Probably just some variable set and/or some
minor mode activated. You can do a `apropos' of
"line" and see where it gets you, also, do
`C-h m' when in the troublesome mode.

                   - so far: 58 Blogomatic articles -