documentation for align-regexp and co.

From: Roelli, Charles A
Subject: documentation for align-regexp and co.
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 19:58:09 +0000

I came across the function `align-regexp' which is defined in align.el. The
documentation for the function (docstrings etc.) is visible from Emacs via the
usual methods, and I can see in the code of align.el that the functions in the
file have been around since Emacs 21.1. However I couldn’t find any
documentation for any of these functions in either the Emacs or the Elisp
manual, which is surprising. Is this a mistake, or are some files/functions
purposefully left out of the official manuals?

Cheers,
Charles