Re: Compilation in C and ADA

From: Francis Belliveau
Subject: Re: Compilation in C and ADA
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2016 10:22:22 -0400

I guess I need to clarify what I meant about "Human Factors Ambiguity" a bit.

If a menu selection says "compile" then "compile" is what it should be trying
to do, not "make".  This is simply a matter if naming things so that they set
expectations properly and eliminate the need to read documentation up front.

Put aside the ability to customize things.  That is necessary due to the
diversity of development environments, etc.

If I see a command like "compile" in a menu, I expect it to call the compiler
for me, not attempt to "make" my project.

Fran