Re: Compilation in C and ADA

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Compilation in C and ADA
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2016 22:08:28 +0200

Dale Snell wrote:

> You could create a Makefile that will call
> your compiler, but for a single file project
> that's a bit of overkill, IMO.

It is a good idea to have a Makefile even for
the short time when the project consists of
a single file, because even the smallest
project get by this state very fast, and if
there isn't a Makefile, the programmer may be
hesitant to split the program into two files
even when it is natural as this will imply the
extra work of setting up a Makefile.

It is good to do it day one and be done
with it!

With C, obviously there are the header files,
but even in Ada, IIRC from my schoolbook
experience of the language you'd similarly put
"definitions" in one file, and "implementations"
in a corresponding?

                   - so far: 58 Blogomatic articles -