Re: systemd @ in filenames not supported by thing-at-point

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: systemd @ in filenames not supported by thing-at-point
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 20:01:23 +0200

Stefan Monnier wrote:

>> (setq thing-at-point-file-name-chars
>> "@-~/[:alnum:]_.${}#%,:")
>
> "@-~" matches all chars between @ and ~.
> IOW it's important to keep the "-" as the
> first character.

Which is 64-126?

Wow, that is low tech!

I suppose it can be useful for people wanting
higher precision than the char classes give but
still has too big a set of chars to input them
manually - ... or is it something else?

There is something similar in zsh I now
remember and I actually had a bug just like
this adding a char to a string without noticing
the second char (and had I, I don't think that
would have helped as it is just another dash) -
perhaps one should memorize to always "stack"
chars from the right (the tail) and not the
left (the head)?

By the way who has all that crazy stuff
in filenames? Even tho it might make sense to
add the @ perhaps one should not do it as
a political statement, and then have them
others removed as well...

                   - so far: 64 Blogomatic articles -