Re: C-k messes up display -- have to redraw-display

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: C-k messes up display -- have to redraw-display
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2016 13:33:00 +0000

On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 1:00 AM <rob.dunne@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi emacs group,
>
> I am have a problem on a new machine.
> When I type C-k, the display is mucked up. The next line in the file is
> repeated
> multiple times. I have to use "M-x redraw-display" to fix it.
>
> The problem happens in .Rnw, and .s file (but perhaps not all other files).

Can you recreate this issue in an emacs -Q session and report the steps one
can take to recreate that?

Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS
> GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.7) of 2014-03-08
> on lamiak, modified by Debian

It might also be of help to update to the latest stable version (24.5) or
the Release Candidate version ( 25.1-rc1
http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/ ) of the soon to be released 25.1
version and see if you can recreate the issue on those versions.
--

Kaushal Modi