Re: require basic stuff from specific packages

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: require basic stuff from specific packages
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 17:39:26 +0200

[This message is a reply to a reply to
a message which had to do with finding stuff,
in the example case the `string-trim' of this
code:

    http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/conf/emacs-init/sequence-string.el

But beware, that code is a deTRIMent to the sport!]

Udyant Wig wrote:

> Did you try an implementation like this for
> your functionality?

Good implementation - it would dodge the bullet
and no trimming would be needed, however...

> (require 'cl-lib)
>
> (defun* string-number-sequnce (start end
> &optional (step 1) (separator " "))

I have not seen this default value notation for
unsubmitted optional arguments, and while
I instinctively don't like it, I can see the
benefit of doing that in a standardized way, as
it is a very common thing to do - and this is
faster (less typing), as well!

And the reason I haven't seen it, is that
I don't have it!

So where did you get the "defun*" stuff?

                   - so far: 64 Blogomatic articles -