Re: How to change the keyboard mapping?

From: John Mastro
Subject: Re: How to change the keyboard mapping?
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 19:10:15 -0700

Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@skimble.plus.com> wrote:
> The programme is 'flyspell-popup'.

Ah, I hadn't heard of that package. I installed it but wasn't able to
reproduce the issue you describe - for me, enter always accepts the
selected candidate.

However, you may as well give this a try anyway:

(with-eval-after-load 'popup
  (define-key popup-menu-keymap [return] #'popup-select))

> When I say 'alpha-ENTER' I mean the enter key immediately next to the
> alphabetical section of the keyboard, and the 'numerical-ENTER' key is
> immediately next to the numerical section of the keyboard.

Right. When I used a keyboard like that, Emacs called that enter key
[kp-enter] (kp is presumably for keypad). You can check that by typing
C-h k followed by the key.

        John