Re: Help debugging a backtrace

From: rn3aoh . g
Subject: Re: Help debugging a backtrace
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 00:26:50 -0700 (PDT)

On Wednesday, 27 April 2016 21:28:56 UTC+3, Kaushal Modi  wrote:

> I was experimenting running emacs on Android using Termux (
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.termux ) inspired by this
> blog post by Artur Malabarba (
> http://endlessparentheses.com/running-emacs-on-android.html ).
>
> I have got things almost working except for seemingly random error messages
> like the one in the below backtrace.

If anyone still cares about this issue, I have spent the last week stumbling
around trying to figure out the actual cause of this bug.

I am pretty sure I have nailed it, it results from Emacs having to run undumped
due to Android's requirement for PIE executables and tripping over an upstream
bug filed all the way back in 2013 because of this. I would really appreciate
if anyone could tell me whether the solution I came up with is correct:

https://github.com/termux/termux-packages/issues/423

--
Eugene Medvedev