windowmanager binding for emacs?

From: joakim
Subject: windowmanager binding for emacs?
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2016 10:12:55 +0200

I would like to bind, for example, a window manager key such as super-x,
to start a little emacs frame where I can then issue emacs commands.

I tried by creating a custom gnome binding for super-x, but I got
confused by the gnome gui, and at any rate I would like a method that
works the same across xfce, lxde and gnome, if possible.

Surely somebody has already achieved this. Does anyone have any
pointers?

The thing I want to achieve is having a local emacs on each client
machine I use that will perform commands locally. I want this feature
available on a wm global key so it will always work regardless of which
other terminal program I'm using at the moment, such as x2go etc.

--
Joakim Verona