Re: Line number problem in python-mode Errors

From: Tomas Nordin
Subject: Re: Line number problem in python-mode Errors
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2016 13:04:51 +0200

Amir Teymuri <amirteymuri@gmx.de> writes:

>    Hello,
>
>    i am using emacs in python mode. There is a problem with the line
>    numbers each time the python interpreter shows an Error:
>
>    each time an error occurs inside my file.py, the error message shows
>    always the actual line number + 1. Here is an example:
> # file.py
> 1 from tst import *
>
> # the interpreter error message:
>  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>  File "/home/amir/programming/python/c_m/lern.py", line 2, in <module>
>
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'foo'

I don't understand properly what you are doing. But after this
traceback, if you go to the file lern.py, line 2, do you not find there
a reference to foo which is not defined?

A little tip also, if you are dealing with learning python, importing
things with the star import, like `from tst import *` is not
recommended. Makes it harder to read code later.