Re: can't access info dir in emacs under msys2

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: can't access info dir in emacs under msys2
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2016 19:53:08 +0100

Bostjan Vilfan <bjvilfan@gmail.com> writes:

> set up emacs so that I can access all manuals in
> /msys64/mingw64/share/info.

As Thien-Thi Nguyen says you can set infopath, and as Eli Zaretski says
that should work.  The path needs to be set so that it's seen by Emacs.
You have to make sure the value isn't just local to some instance of
cmd.exe.

I don't do that, instead I do something like this:

(setq Info-additional-directory-list '("C:/MinGW/msys/1.0/share/info"))

Note that the "dir" file in directory you specify has to be correct.
There can sometimes be problems with this on Mingw and derivatives.  You
can check that it's correct by running command line info.

BR,
Robert Thorpe