Re: how to redo align-regexp?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: how to redo align-regexp?
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2016 08:56:11 -0400

> I've seldom used that command, but I think the current behavior is also
> sometimes useful:

Sure.  But it's still a bug: the `interactive` handler tries to
recognize when the region is passed as an argument and replace the
integer positions in the history with calls to get the
region's position.

The bug is that it *tries to recognize*, which is fairly naive (and
ultimately is impossible (literally) to do reliably anyway).

        Stefan