Re: Question: Is there any way to use the bash completion feature from E

From: Oleksandr Gavenko
Subject: Re: Question: Is there any way to use the bash completion feature from Emacs shell mode.
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 16:40:02 +0300

On 2016-10-08, ISHIKAWA,chiaki wrote:

> Unfortunately, bash's completion feature does not work in Emacs shell mode.
> Obviously, [TAB] is stolen by Emacs for its own handling of TAB character.
> Emacs's tab completion for filenames works great.
> But I would like Bash's completion somehow works, too.

Please look to my answer:

  http://stackoverflow.com/a/28618762/173149

In short you should learn ``M-x term`` mode and a few key binding:

 * ``C-C C-j``
 * ``C-c C-k``

There is attempts to define ``comint-dynamic-complete-functions``:

(defun comint-completion-at-point ()
  (run-hook-with-args-until-success 'comint-dynamic-complete-functions))

for readline-enabled programs:

  https://github.com/szermatt/emacs-bash-completion

--
http://defun.work/