Functionality to maintain function prototypes in C

From: Nikolai Weibull
Subject: Functionality to maintain function prototypes in C
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 20:55:15 +0200

Hi!

C has the issue of being compiled in a single pass.  After many years
of working around this issue by defining my static functions in
reverse order, which is good for the compiler, but bad for the user,
I’m now looking to try writing them in a more natural order.  The main
issue with this is maintaining the static-function prototypes.  I’ve
looked around, but I can’t find a minor mode that’ll add, update, and
remove static-function prototypes automatically, either by command or
at file save, so I was hoping that someone here could point me in the
right direction.

Thanks!