Re: How to run --daemon in foreground?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: How to run --daemon in foreground?
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 15:41:31 +0300

Now I have found best solution for me to run emacs, by supervision of
s6-rc tools http://skarnet.org/software/:

#!/bin/execlineb
if { s6-test -d /home/data1/protected/Work }
su - admin -s /bin/execlineb -c "/usr/bin/screen -S emacs -D -m --
/usr/bin/emacs --user admin --chdir /home/data1/protected"

The first line is only checking if directory exists, as it is only
there with encrypted partition. Not in the standard one.

The second one is taking all my user environment and starting screen
with emacs. If emacs exists for any reason, screen does not have a
shell to remain in background, but exists as well, due to execlineb
program, and daemon is respawned.

I still look into --start-server option, to heave it headless in
background.

Jean