Windows emacs-25.1 i686 vs x86_64?

From: David M. Miller
Subject: Windows emacs-25.1 i686 vs x86_64?
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2016 08:32:40 -0700 (PDT)

When I went to download 25.1 for windows I saw two packages on the main GNU ftp
server:

    emacs-25.1-i686-w64-mingw32.zip
     - AND -
    emacs-25.1-x86_64-w64-mingw32.zip

but no explanation of the difference between them in the README file.

Also, there seems to be a separate package of "deps" for each:

    emacs-25-i686-deps.zip
     - AND -
    emacs-25-x86_64-deps.zip

the need for which is also not explained anywhere (dependencies? dependencies
for what?).

Does anyone know what the difference between the i686 and x86_64 packages are?
Does anyone know what the "deps" packages are for?

Thanks,
David