problem with compile command

From: Russ P.
Subject: problem with compile command
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2016 14:06:11 -0700 (PDT)

I am having a problem with the compile command in emacs version 24.4.1 on
Kubuntu Linux. The following is a sample of what I get. When I click on a
highlighted error, it should take me to the file and line, but instead it opens
up a file selection window that I don't want. The command works on my other
computer. I tried restarting emacs, but that didn't help. Any idea what the
problem is? Thanks.

compile
[info] Loading global plugins from
/home/rpaielli/.sbt/0.13/plugins
[info] Loading project definition from
/home/rpaielli/trajspec/project
[info] Set current project to trajspec (in build
file:/home/rpaielli/trajspec/)
[info] Compiling 1 Scala source to
/home/rpaielli/trajspec/target/classes...
[info] Compiling 3 Scala sources to
/home/rpaielli/trajspec/target/classes...
[error]
/home/rpaielli/trajspec/src/main/scala/trajspec/Encounter.scala:53: not
enough arguments for method resolveTraj: (traj: trajspec.Traj, conflicts:
trajspec.separation.Encounters, traffic: trajspec.separation.TrajList,
tryTwice: types.Bool)trajspec.Maneuver.
[error] Unspecified value parameter conflicts.
[error]   def resolve1: Maneuver =
resolve.resolveTraj(Vector(this))
[error]                                               ^
[error]
/home/rpaielli/trajspec/src/main/scala/trajspec/Schedule.scala:143: type
mismatch;
[error]  found   :
scala.collection.immutable.Vector[trajspec.Encounter]