Re: Basic question on choosing nxml-mode schema

From: Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum
Subject: Re: Basic question on choosing nxml-mode schema
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 14:37:47 +0000 (UTC)

----- Original Message -----

Her ;-)

I'm still not sure how all this works, but this seems mostly better for some
things.

Using this schema with a file beginning:

"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd";>

gives me only two problems: this rejects 'lang="EN"' with "Attribute not
allowed";
and it rejects <style> as "Element not allowed in this context", even when
appearing
within a <body> area.

If I try to use the original,

<!doctype html>

then it rejects "doctype" with "Unknown markup declaration", the "lang" as
above,
"Referenced entity has not been defined" for &ndash; and related, and <style>
as above.

I do control the HTML files, and I don't mind using different header info, but
if the
basic form is "supposed" to work, I'd sort of like it to work. I'd also like
<script>
to work....

Thank you all.

Jen