Re: unexpected result with keymap inheritance

From: Stefan Huchler
Subject: Re: unexpected result with keymap inheritance
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2016 03:20:33 +0100

Alex Kost <alezost@gmail.com> writes:

> Stefan Monnier (2016-11-23 08:42 -0500) wrote:
>
>>> Now what I want is just to remove "o" and "u" from
>>> 'very-special-mode-map', so that my keys from 'special-mode-map' will
>>> take precedence, but I can't do it, as with this:
>>
>> I see, yes, that makes sense.  I suggest you `M-x report-emacs-bug` and
>> ask for this feature.
>
> Thanks, but there are tons of Emacs bugs, and I wouldn't like to bother
> you and other contributors with just another feature request.

I think I could use that "fix/feature" too. I have many global key
bindings, but some modes like gnus etc overwrites it. Also magit as
another example.

I mean I guess I still would have to override the gnus-mode-map but not
for the 5 gnus-sub-mode-maps?

I dont need it that urgend, but it could be useful to have. It also
could be useful for modes like ergoemacs or stuff like that, (flykeys)
maybe even evilmode?