Re: Frame visibility

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Frame visibility
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2016 15:35:55 +0100

Joost Kremers <joostkremers@fastmail.fm> writes:

> The Elisp manual says that a frame can be visible, invisible or
> iconified. Visible and iconified (a.k.a. minimized) are clear, but
> when exactly is a frame invisible?

AFAIU the manual, an invisible frame is just not displayed (...visible),
so it's like "iconified" but without an icon, I guess.  With other
words: something like minimizing implemented in Emacs.

> And what happens if I use `select-window' on a window that is
> displayed in an invisible window?

Why don't you just try it out (without any guarantee from my side, if
your whole computer gets invisible, I won't pay for it).

Michael.