Re: Separate mode for Markdown files?

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Separate mode for Markdown files?
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2016 20:53:53 +0100

On Tue, Dec 06 2016, Skip Montanaro wrote:
I'm running Emacs 24.5. Apropos shows me nothing matching "markdown", find-library doesn't find a markdown library, and Google shows multiple
markdown mode packages.

Multiple? I only know of one:
http://jblevins.org/projects/markdown-mode/

It can be installed through Melpa.

There's also markdown-preview-mode, which is essentially an add-on for markdown-mode, not a competitor, and there's markdown-mode+.el, which is also an add-on with some rudimentary Pandoc support, but given that its last commit is four years old and Pandoc has evolved quite a bit since then, I wouldn't expect too much from it.

If you do use Pandoc, you may want to take a look at pandoc-mode, but caveat emptor, as it's a package maintained by yours truly:

https://joostkremers.github.io/pandoc-mode/

HTH

--
Joost Kremers