Re: When using rectangle-mark-mode in an editable dired buffer, how can

From: s1ohy
Subject: Re: When using rectangle-mark-mode in an editable dired buffer, how can I edit the region?
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2016 22:26:08 +0000

On 2016-12-06 07:25, Bob Proulx wrote:
  C-x C-q
  C-x (
  C-SPC
  C-e M-b C-b
  M-x upcase-initials-region RET
  C-n
  C-x )
  C-x e
  C-x C-q

Thanks for responding, Bob. Your suggestion of keyboard macros was
great, as I was unaware I could combine them with non-interactive
commands and mark-region. Unfortunately, your suggestion, quoted
above, only works if I manually position the cursor at the beginning
of the filename, thus not being able to quickly repeat it with F4 or
call it with a numeric argument.

But, to make your suggestion work I can use `dired-next-line`, which
places the cursor at the the beginning of the next filename.

C-x C-q
Place cursor at the beginning filename
F3
C-SPC
C-e M-b C-b
M-x upcase-initials-region RET
dired-next-line
F4
F4
F4
C-x C-s

Of course, I can call it with `M-1 M-4 F4`