Re: properly setting up ~/.emacs.d for daemon usage

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: properly setting up ~/.emacs.d for daemon usage
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 18:17:33 -0500

> Seems that the solution for that would be to put a hook somewhere that
> would activate when an emacs frame is created. In this hook, I'd have to
> put all my initialization code that is gui-dependent.

To some extent.  A lot of the configuration can be done globally, but
some probably need to go to places like after-make-frame-functions.

The important thing to consider is that you can have both gui and tty
frames at the same time.  And you can also have gui frames on several
displays at the same time.

        Stefan