Re: properly setting up ~/.emacs.d for daemon usage

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: properly setting up ~/.emacs.d for daemon usage
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 22:51:11 +0100

Filipe Silva <filipe.silva@gmail.com> writes:

> Interestingly enough, (display-graphic-p) still does not work even if
> called from inside a function added to the after-make-frame-functions
> list.

Maybe it "fails" because there is no selected frame yet. What's the
value returned by `selected-frame' inside that function?

It would be useful to show the actual code here.

> I don't know what I can do here. So even this is not a work around.

Try activating the theme *after* a frame was created and selected. That
means, execute (select-frame (make-frame)) at the top of your
.emacs when you intend to use that session on a graphical display. This
is not a general solution, but may be good enough for you.