Re: Function menu missing from top window bar!!

From: Tom Browder
Subject: Re: Function menu missing from top window bar!!
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2016 18:07:52 -0600

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 8:56 AM, Stefan Monnier
<monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

> > 1.  A top bar menu button that shows the function declarations for
> > various languages.  Click on a desired function and point goes there.
>
> You mean XEmacs's func-menu (IIRC)?  It's called "imenu" in Emacs.
> Try M-x imenu RET or M-x imenu-add-menubar-index RET

Okay, I have that working.  Now I just need to sort the entries.  Here
is the fragment of code that does the menu entry:

;;=======================================
(defvar perl6-imenu-generic-expression
  `(
    ;; the names are in reverse desired order since they are evaluated
here last first
    ("Classes" ,perl6-classes-regex 1)
    ("Variables" ,perl6-vars-regex 1)
    ("Subs/Methods" ,perl6-subs-regex 1)
    )
      "Define interesting points in the Perl 6 buffer for `imenu'.

This is used to set `imenu-generic-expression' when Perl 6 mode is
entered.  Subsequent changes to `perl6-imenu-generic-expression' will
not affect existing Perl 6 buffers because imenu-generic-expression is
a local variable.")

Now, how do I get each submenu sorted by name?

I see reference to a sort option, but not clear on how to add it to what I have.

Thanks.

Best regards,

-Tom