xref-find-references in elisp (Was: Re: grep-at-point)

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: xref-find-references in elisp (Was: Re: grep-at-point)
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 22:15:27 +0000

Hi Eli,

Correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like semantic/symref is not used at
all by xref-find-references (probably in emacs-lisp-mode only?)

So regardless of availability of idutils or global, it just
uses elisp--xref-find-definitions.

So if I call xref-find-references in an emacs-lisp-mode buffer,
semantic/symref is never required and `semantic-symref-detect-symref-tool'
is never called.

--

Kaushal Modi