Re: How to ignore Minibuf for %b in

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: How to ignore Minibuf for %b in
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 00:50:08 +0100

Mohammed Sadiq <sadiq@sadiqpk.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know How to ignore Minibuf when setting titles
> using frame-buffer-format. The current value of my frame-buffer-format
> is  "%b - Emacs %&".
>
> It is a little bit annoying that the when I do M-x, the title
> changes to "*Minibuf-1* - Emacs *" I would like to avoid this.
> And when I do M-x, I wish GNU Emacs would keep the previous
> title. Is there some variable I can set, so that GNU Emacs won't
> change title when `point' is in Minibuffer?

I think %b won't do.  But frame-title-format follows the format of the
mode-line, so you could use :eval to show the buffer name like you
want.  Maybe something like in

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(setq frame-title-format
      '((:eval (buffer-name
                (if (minibufferp)
                    (window-buffer (minibuffer-selected-window))
                  (current-buffer))))
        user-real-login-name "@" system-name))
#+end_src ?

Michael.