Re: using auctex key bindings in C/C++ mode

From: Nathanael Schweers
Subject: Re: using auctex key bindings in C/C++ mode
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 19:36:06 +0100

Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram.net@gmail.com> writes:

> I'd like to use C-c C-c for compilation and C; for commenting out code
> in C/C++.  These are the default in Auctex mode.  Question is, is
> there anything I'd break if use the same in C/C++ mode when writing C
> code?

I’m not sure, as I don’t write that much C or C++ code.  You can find
out easily what those particalar bindings are for your configuration.
Just press C-h k C-c C-c to check what the current binding is (there may
be none, which would be good).  The same goes for C-h k C-;

> And is there a canonical way to unbind and rebind the defaults in
> C/C++ mode?

I’m not sure if it’s canonical; just say something like this:

(add-hook
 'c++-mode-hook
 (lambda () (define-key c++-mode-map (kbd "C-c C-c") 'compile)))

I’m not entirely sure about which exact mode you’d like to use.  I have
at least c-mode and c++-mode.  You might have to repeat the above
expression for c-mode.

Regards,
Nathanael