Re: problem: M-a M-e gives symbol's function definition is voide

From: Krishnakant
Subject: Re: problem: M-a M-e gives symbol's function definition is voide
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 09:51:50 +0530

On Thursday 23 February 2017 10:03 AM, Robert Thorpe wrote:
Krishnakant <krmane@openmailbox.org> writes:

I actually can't use any navigation function in python-mode because I
get the same error "symbol's function definition is voide ..." for any
shortcut I press.
There are two possibilities I can think off.  Firstly, your versions of
python-mode and Emacs are incompatible.  Secondly, something in your
config is interferring with python mode.

I suggest starting an uncustomized Emacs using "emacs -Q" then see if
the problem still occurs.  If it doesn't then bisect your init file.

BR,
Robert Thorpe
Hi Robert,
I had done sudo apt-get install python-mode on Ubuntu 16.04 thinking that it would have been of some help.
But I removed it afterwards realizing that it does not work properly.
Can that be one factor?
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.