Re: M-x magit-status freezes emacs

From: Krishnakant
Subject: Re: M-x magit-status freezes emacs
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 10:54:20 +0530

On Tuesday 28 February 2017 05:17 AM, John Mastro wrote:
Krishnakant <krmane@openmailbox.org> wrote:
I have barely started to program using emacs in Python and this major
issue has come up.

For now though, I use the shell and do all my git stuff.

But when in a repository I type M-x magit-status the entire Emacs
hangs.

I can surely press C-g to get back on track but I am not able to use
magit.

I researched a bit and found that there is some issue with Emacs 24.5
with magit.

But I am not getting any complete solution to fix this.

Can any one help?
I don't think I ever ran into this, but Magit has an FAQ entry[1] that
points to a bug[2] that seems to say the issue is related to Tramp and
that you can work around it with this:

(setq tramp-ssh-controlmaster-options "")

[1]:
https://magit.vc/manual/magit/Emacs-245-hangs-when-loading-Magit.html#Emacs-245-hangs-when-loading-Magit
[2]: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=20015

Hope that helps