What are you doing ?

From: chaouche yacine
Subject: What are you doing ?
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2017 10:03:39 +0000 (UTC)

Sorry if that sounds like clickbait, coming up with good e-mail subjects can be
time consuming sometimes.I sometimes wish I would have written what I have done
during the day, to keep track of my activity.
I have recently adopted a workflow where I would open a new YYYYMMDD.log file
on a daily basis and write try to keep a log of my daily activities.I then
switched to howm, but that's just a detail which helps me browse files more
conveniently.
After approx 15 days of using this method, I find that at some days I forgot to
write a lot of what I got done, or timewasters that kept me busy instead of
doing actual work.
I was thinking about setting some sort of reminder that would ask me, every
hour (or half an hour) what I was doing ? so that I would be reminded of
writing something in the activity log file.

What do you guys think ? is emacs the good place to set such a reminder (I
often use the browser so I might skip some notifications it they would only
show in the emacs window, I guess... but then I don't think I'd spend a whole
hour without looking at the emacs window at least once so this shouldn't be a
problem I guess, I don't know... what do you think ?)
-- Yassine.