RE: search -> replace -> global keymap?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: search -> replace -> global keymap?
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 10:42:05 -0800 (PST)

> I'm using a certain command very often from the menus and using my
> mouse. It is 'search -> replace -> global' but how can I assign a keymap
> to it please so that I'm able to call it from within my document please?

What menu is that (I don't see it)?

Anyway, do this: `C-h k' followed by picking the menu item that you
want to assign a key to.  That will tell you what the command is
that that menu item invokes.

Then do `C-h w' followed by that command name, to see if it is
already on a keyboard key sequence, in addition to being bound
to that menu item.

If it has no keyboard binding, give it one, using `global-set-key'.

You can use `M-x global-set-key' interactively, to try it out.
You can use `(global-set-key (kbd "...") 'COMMAND)' in your init
file to get the binding persistently, where "..." is the key
sequence you want and COMMAND is the command you want to bind
it to.