Re: confused between 2 python-modes, which is advanced?

From: Anast Gramm
Subject: Re: confused between 2 python-modes, which is advanced?
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2017 18:44:40 +0200

On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 03:28:09AM +0530, Krishnakant wrote:
> Dear all.
>
> I see that there are some latest updates to python-mode (saw it on melpa
> through emacs's list-packages).
>
> Now I am confused.
>
> While the default python-mode which came with emacs 25.1 builtin is good
> enough, I wish to know if there is any advantage in installing the
> python-mode from melpa?

Melpa has the latest git release
Melpa-stable has the latest stable release
Build in modes have the latest stable release the day emacs was released

So check the git releases to see if there is anything new you would like

And if you upgrade to the melpa release make sure you uninstall the original
so there wont be any conflicts. (I had a problem when I upgrated from emacs's
org
to the latest git release and I had to delete original org-mode)