Re: How do you automatically refile mails with mu4e?

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: How do you automatically refile mails with mu4e?
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 09:33:54 +0100

On Mon, Mar 20 2017, Danny YUE wrote:
How can you refile the mails without opening any mu4e buffers?

I read the manual and I know that it is possible to define a function to
refile based on something.
But every time I have to mark-and-execute manually, and it sometimes
annoys me.

I would like it to be automatically done: every time the index is
updated, the incoming unread mails are refiled automatically.

My idea is to add something to the mu4e-update-pre-hook.
But I did not found any clue how I can refile mails in the
background, without opening any buffer.
Looking into the code did not really help.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure if what you want is possible at all with mu4e (personally I use my mail provider's file & filtering options, other people do it locally using something like procmail).

However, mu4e has its own mailing list. I think your best bet would be to ask your question there.

HTH

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments